Friday 13 June 2014

Kimi's Secret


Reviewers: Emily, Alia and Caitlin

What We Thought

Emily: I found this book absolutely tremendous! The types of sentences and words the writer uses are brilliant and the story line was gripping and exciting. It is about a girl called Kimi who has a 'Tulpa' called Bentley. She goes on an adventure to find out secrets about her life and herself that she never knew.

I really liked it when Bentley kept on changing his age because it was quite funny how he could just change ages so quickly. The story made you want to read on and I found it hard to put down. I really liked how the story linked together towards the end. I also really liked the 'Greylians' because they kept on changing and making you think they were nice, and their name is really exciting and peculiar.

I think this book should be for older children - 11 years and up because it did have some fairly rude words. It was a book that is definitely worth reading and I can't wait to see if there is another book in the series.

Alia: One stormy night I was alone at home and I was bored out of my mind. As I walked into the dining room I saw a book lying on the table. I picked it up and went to my room. I sat down and started to read... And WOW! That book was GOOD! I'm telling you, you will want to get that book (or borrow or take or steal) and sit down and read it... and you won't want to stop until you have finished it.

It's about a girl called Kimi and it follows her through a big storm, through a cloud of crows, through quite a few twirlies, through a room with flying clowns, and then, oh, right back to the storm.

So I assure you, you will love this book. If you are 12 or 120 it doesn't really matter. (Although it's probably not much use to you if you're dead. Though I guess it's worth trying.)

Caitlin: Kimi’s Secret is a very exciting and interesting book that is full of mystery. It can be quite difficult to understand the first part of the book until you have read the end. Although there are some strange names that can be quite hard to read, it is a perfect book to excite you. It is definitely a page turner and hooks you on the story line. Throughout the whole story strange things happen, you feel like you can’t stop reading until you find out why or what it is, and at some parts of the book you have to flick back or remember what happened earlier in the story to understand what’s happening now. Even though this book is aimed at children between 10 and 15 years, it is a good read for all ages above ten, providing you like sci- fi and/or fantasy books.

Kimi is a very mysterious girl who is very wary, and conscious about the people and places around her. Her Tulpa, Bentley, is also very mysterious as he can change age and doesn’t give much away easily. But to find out what a Tulpa is and who Bentley and Kimi are then read the book!

This is a very good book because it draws you in right from the start and keeps you hooked throughout it! It is one of the best books I have read and strongly recommend it. If you like adventure and mystery then this book is definitely for you!

You'll enjoy this if you liked: Alice in Wonderland, Harry Potter, Lemony Snicket

Avoid if you dislike: Gross stuff, fantastical creatures and aliens

Ideal accompaniments
: Pommy juice and roasted dodo (or birthday cake - just clean your teeth afterwards or the Famoose will get you).



Genre: YA, children's, fantasy


















No comments:

Post a Comment